The Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please apply for a specific position when it is posted.
There is one position available:
Labourer: Material Recovery Facility
Closing Date: August 7, 2022
More Details: Labourer Job Description
In A Nutshell:
Reporting to the Supervisor of Waste Diversion, the Labourer – Material Recovery Facility – Windsor performs general labour tasks as required.
A Day In The Life:
- On the work site, sort incoming materials to various streams (e.g. organic yard waste, electronics, rail ties).
- Direct traffic, inspect incoming loads and send traffic to designated areas on the worksite as needed.
- Operate heavy machinery such as large front-end loader, smaller articulated loader and forklift.
- Perform on-site snow removal and winter control.
- Maintain yard waste pad and Material Recovery Facilities in a tidy manner by “pushing up” yard waste and recyclables.
- Lift and place plastic bags of pre-packaged compost and place in customer’s vehicle and collect payment for sale of such compost.
- Using the smaller articulated loader, load trucks and trailers with larger quantities of compost and collect payment for sale of compost.
- Conduct on-site litter patrols and litter clean-up.
- Enforce Authority policies and procedures related to yard waste and electronics and report violations to Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Perform lubrication, refueling, preventative maintenance and circle checks of equipment.
- Sort and inventory liquor/beer deposit containers from blue box materials collected at curbside and take to The Beer Store for redemption.
- Housekeeping of EWSWA storage areas and facilities.
- Support EWSWA programs- e.g., deliveries, flag list, special events, audits, shipments, events.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.