The Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please apply for a specific position when it is posted.
We currently have a General Labourer position open at the Material Recovery Facility.
Labourer – Material Recovery Facility
Reporting to the Supervisor and Manager of Waste Diversion, the Labourer – Material Recovery Facility – Windsor performs general labour tasks as required.
Application Due Date: Qualified applicants are invited to apply online through the Current Job Postings
section of our intranet at https://cc.countyofessex.ca no later than August 18, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• On the work site, sort incoming materials to various streams (e.g. organic yard waste, electronics, rail ties).
• Direct traffic, inspect incoming loads and send traffic to designated areas on the worksite as needed.
• Operate heavy machinery such as large front-end loader, smaller articulated loader and forklift.
• Perform on-site snow removal and winter control.
• Maintain yard waste pad and Material Recovery Facilities in a tidy manner by “pushing up” yard waste and recyclables.
• Lift and place plastic bags of pre-packaged compost and place in customer’s vehicle and collect payment for sale of such compost.
• Using the smaller articulated loader, load trucks and trailers with larger quantities of compost and collect payment for sale of compost.
• Conduct on-site litter patrols and litter clean-up.
• Enforce Authority policies and procedures related to yard waste and electronics and report violations to Manager and/or Supervisor.
• Perform lubrication, refueling, preventative maintenance and circle checks of
• Sort and inventory liquor/beer deposit containers from blue box materials collected at curbside and take to The Beer Store for redemption.
• Housekeeping of EWSWA storage areas and facilities.
• Support EWSWA programs- e.g., deliveries, flaglist, special events, audits, shipments, events.
• Other duties/tasks as assigned.