The Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please apply for a specific position when it is posted.
Manager of Finance and Administration (OPEN)
The Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority (EWSWA) is a municipal agency created by the City of Windsor and the County of Essex to manage waste in the Essex-Windsor region. The EWSWA reports to a Board comprised of councillors, warden, mayors and deputy-mayors from Windsor and the seven County municipalities.
The EWSWA is responsible for the progressive approach to the reduction of solid waste through recycling, reuse and other environmentally safe alternatives. The EWSWA is also responsible for quality service in providing an environmentally sound landfill site, operating transfer stations/depots, maintaining the perpetual care of closed landfill sites and undertaking the composting of organic material.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Finance and Administration is responsible for the control of the financial and administrative operations of the Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of the financial and administrative policies as established by the Authority.
- Oversees the preparation of the Authority budget. Monitors program budgets and prepares reports. Prepares financial statements, estimates, summaries and other financial analysis.
- Supervision of finance and administrative staff.
- Responsible for the management of the financial accounting system in an effective internal control environment.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, conducting performance appraisals and recommends discipline or discharge of staff. Responsible for productivity, accuracy and efficiency of staff.
- Provides administrative direction to the Authority and various Committees.
- Assumes the duties of the General Manager in his/her absence.
Full Job Description: Manager of Finance and Administration – EWSWA May 2021
Applications accepted up to 5:00 PM Friday, May 14, 2021. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply in confidence, email a PDF to:
Teresa Policella, Executive Assistant, Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority