The Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority operates several public facilities, designed to provide residents with disposal options for materials that are no longer needed, wanted or are unusable and/or broken. There are also many ‘recycling’ options for products that can be recycled instead of disposed of.
Please use the navigation link on the left hand side of the page to select one of the following facilities for material disposal options.
- Public Drop Off Depot (Windsor): garbage, recyclables, yard waste, electronics, chemical waste, scrap metal, white goods, etc.
- Transfer Station #2 (Kingsville): garbage, recyclables, yard waste, electronics, chemical waste, scrap metal, white goods, etc.
- Regional Recycling Depot (Essex): recyclables, yard waste, electronics, chemical waste, scrap metal, white goods, etc.
- Regional Landfill: garbage
- Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste: paints, stains, batteries, pool chemicals, pesticides, etc.
Curbside Garbage Collection
Regular garbage collection (picked up at the curb) is managed by the City of Windsor (for city residents) and the individual municipalities in the County of Essex.
City of Windsor Residents: If you have questions regarding curbside garbage collection please call 311 or for a garbage collection schedule visit the City of Windsor website at http://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Waste-And-Recycling/Collection-Schedule/Pages/Garbage-Collection.aspx
County of Essex Residents: For questions regarding curbside garbage collection please call your local municipality (numbers listed below):
Essex: (519) 776-7336 / Website: http://www.essex.ca/
Kingsville: (519) 733-2305 / Website: http://www.kingsville.ca/
Lakeshore: (519) 728-2700 / Website: http://www.lakeshore.ca/
County Collection Calendars
Please use the navigation link on the left to select ‘Recycling’. Use the drop down menu to choose ‘Municipal Collection Calendars’.