Public Drop Off Depot (Windsor)
The Public Drop Off Depot is located in the City of Windsor at:
- 3560 North Service Road East, Windsor, ON N9A 6J3
- on the corner of E.C. Row and Central
- Call: 311 (City of Windsor)
- Waste Reduction Hotline: 1-800-563-3377
2019 Holiday Schedule
- New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2019) – closed.
- Family Day (Feb. 18th) – closed.
- Good Friday (Apr. 19th) – closed.
- Easter Monday (Apr. 22nd) – closed.
- Victoria Day (May 20th) – closed.
- Canada Day (July 1st) – closed.
- Civic Holiday (Aug. 5th) – closed.
- Labour Day (Sept. 2nd) – closed.
- Thanksgiving Day (Oct. 14th) – closed.
- Remembrance Day (Nov. 11th) – OPEN.
- Christmas Eve (Dec. 24th) – closed.
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25th) – closed.
- Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) – closed.
- New Years’ Eve (Dec. 31st) – OPEN.
- New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2020) – closed.
Hours of operation are subject to change. The Public Drop Off Depot is closed on Sundays and major holidays.
Hours of Operation
The Public Drop Off Depot is open year round, six days a week.
December 3, 2018 – March 30, 2019 (Winter Hours)
Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM -1:00 PM
CLOSED Sundays year-round
April 1, 2019 – November 30, 2019 (Summer Hours)
Monday to Saturday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
CLOSED Sundays year-round
Accepted Materials / Fee Schedule
The Public Drop Off Depot accepts many different types of materials including: electronic items, garbage, household chemical waste, recyclables, scrap metal, tires, white goods (appliances), and yard waste. The Public Drop Off Depot is open to both residents and businesses.
Some items are assessed a tipping fee while others are not. Please refer to the current tipping fee schedule for materials and rates. Note: Rates are subject to change without notice.
Public Drop Off Tipping Flyer: Public Drop Off Depot (Windsor) Fees January 2018 (subject to change without notice, alternate version available upon request)
Listed below are all the payments methods currently accepted at the Public Drop Off Depot.
- Cash / Debit
- Cheque – A $25 charge will be applied against NSF cheques.
- Drawdown (For Business Customers: Drawdown Account constitutes payment in advance. Payment is credited to your account and tipping fees are deducted after each use).
When electronic products wear out, break, or become obsolete, it creates a challenge for disposal. Fortunately, many old electronic and electrical products contain valuable components that can be recycled. Drop-off any of the following in the electronics bin at the Public Drop Off Depot, free of charge – (Note: the electronics bin is located on the composting pad at the Public Drop Off):
- Audio Equipment
- Cash Registers
- Drives (computer, USB, etc.)
- Fax Machines
Electronic Recycling For Businesses
Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) is a not-for-profit organization formed by leading retail, information technology and consumer electronic companies to implement the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Program Plan under the Waste Diversion Act. The plan requires brand owners, first importers, franchisors, and assemblers to pay fees for electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) supplied to Ontario. Collected fees will be used by OES to operate the WEEE program.
All garbage is assessed a tipping fee or a user fee.
Municipal Household or Special Waste (MHSW)
Many everyday household chemical products are considered ‘toxic’ to our local environment. It is extremely important for all homeowners to remember that once they are finished with a household chemical product, the “leftover or unused portion” should NEVER be thrown in the garbage, poured down the kitchen sink or a neighbourhood storm drain. When toxic products are disposed of improperly (i.e. as litter or poured down storm drains or kitchen sinks), they have the potential to “leach” into the ground, become airborne, or contaminate our local watersheds.
Residents can drop off the following products – free of charge. Please note, this list is not comprehensive – this is just a sample of the types of products accepted. For more information regarding household chemical waste please refer to the Municipal Household Special Waste section of the website.
- Household Cleaners
- Car Care Products
- Pool Chemicals
- Propane Tanks
- Paints, stains, varnishes
There are designated bins available at the Public Drop Off Depot for items that are considered recyclable. Residents and businesses can drop-off the following recyclable materials free of charge.
Scrap metal items (i.e. swing sets, barbeques, etc.) can be dropped off free of charge. Look for the designated scrap metal bin at the Public Drop Off Depot.
Tires with/or without rim are free to drop off, with a maximum of eight tires per year. Types of tires included: car tires, truck tires, off-road tires, tires of all sizes. Excluded are bicycle tire and airplane tires. After eight tires a tipping fee will be assessed.
White Goods / Appliances
Residents can drop off old appliances (white goods) i.e. fridges, freezers, stoves, microwave ovens, etc. Drop off is free, however, items with a compressor will be assessed a charge for the removal of CFC’s as required by the Ministry of the Environment.
EWSWA receives more than 20,000 tonnes of grass, leaves and other yard waste each year. These organic wastes are processed, shredded, screened and cured into nutrient-rich compost. Residents and businesses can drop-off:
- Grass clippings (fees apply, $3.00 per bag, $15.00 per truck and/or trailer)
- Tree Stumps
- Plants, flowers, and garden waste
- Brush, tree and hedge trimmings
Materials NOT accepted at the Public Drop Off Yard Waste Area:
- Rocks, dirt, sod or animal droppings
- Food waste
- Painted or treated wood
- Plastic bags, garden hoses, or other non-organic materials
Plastic Flower Pots & Flats
- Bring them to the Depot to recycle
- Windsor site only
- Free of Charge throughout the gardening season
The following materials are NOT accepted at the Public Drop Off Depot:
- Radioactive waste
- Biomedical waste
- Industrial/commercial chemical waste (by appointment only)
- Unidentified chemical waste