Rain Barrels – Available During Waste Reduction Week
The City of Windsor Rain Barrels are available for sale during Waste Reduction Week – October 18-22nd by pre-registration only. Please call 1-800-563-3377 to register for the sale of a Rain Barrel. They will be $60 (taxes included) during Waste Reduction Week only.
Winterizing Your Rain Barrel: If you have purchased a rain barrel – please note that it should be EMPTIED out prior to freezing temperatures. Allowing the water to freeze inside the rain barrel can cause the plastic to crack.
Winterizing Fact Sheet: Winterizing The Rain Barrel
Rain Barrel Details
The SYSTERN Rain Barrel can lower municipal water demands and save energy at water treatment facilities by reducing water pollution and storm water runoff. Rain water, free from chlorine and water treatment chemicals, is an excellent water source for lawns, plants and gardens.
- 55 gallon, 208 litre capacity
- Height, 34 in / 86.4 cm
- Width, 26 in / 66.3 cm
- Weight, 16 lb / 7.3 kg
- Mosquito mesh keeps bugs and leaves out
- Overflow hose can be linked to another SYSTERN or can be directed away from the house
- Contoured spigot
- Easily accommodates existing downspouts
- BPA free
- UV stabilizer is added to resist deterioration from sunlight
- Made from recycled content