Regional Recycling Depot
The Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority is proud to announce our new Regional Recycling Depot located at 7700 County Rd. 18 in the municipality of Essex. Note: This depot accepts recycling ONLY. No garbage is allowed.
Mon.- Fri.: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sat.: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
2018 Holiday Schedule
- New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2018) – closed.
- Family Day (Feb. 19th) – closed.
- Good Friday (Mar. 30th) – closed.
- Easter Monday (Apr. 2nd) – OPEN.
- Victoria Day (May 21st) – closed.
- Canada Day Lieu (July 2nd) – closed.
- Civic Holiday (Aug. 6th) – closed.
- Labour Day (Sept. 3rd) – closed.
- Thanksgiving Day (Oct. 8th) – closed.
- Remembrance Day Lieu (Nov. 12th) – OPEN.
- Christmas Eve (Dec. 24th) – OPEN HALF DAY / 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25th) – closed.
- Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) – closed.
- New Years’ Eve (Dec. 31st) – OPEN HALF DAY / 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2019) – closed
- Municipal Hazardous & Special Waste (MHSW)
- Scrap Metal
- Yard Waste
* There will be a cost associated with some materials.
All tires WILL BE CHARGED a tipping fee.
- Tires (Car & Light Truck) – $1.00 per tire
- Tires (Medium Truck) – $15.00 per tire
- Tires (Farm/Tractor) – $35.00 per tire
- Only 10 passenger/light truck tires/day per person are accepted
- Tires and tires with rims are currently accepted
- Air has to be removed from tire- if possible; however, mandatory air removal for a split rim
- For loose tires without rims, tubes need to be removed and disposed of as garbage
Excluded are bicycle tire and airplane tires.
- Biomedical Waste
- Unidentified Waste
- Radioactive Waste