Regional Recycling Depot
The Regional Recycling Depot is located at 7700 County Rd. 18 in the municipality of Essex. Note: This depot accepts recycling ONLY. No garbage is allowed.
Regional Recycling Depot Flyer: Regional Recycling Depot Flyer
Hours of Operation:
Mon.- Fri.: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sat.: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
2023 Holiday Schedule
- New Year’s Day (Jan. 1st, 2023) – closed.
- New Year’s Day Observed (Jan. 2, 2023) – closed.
- Family Day (Feb. 20th) – closed.
- Good Friday (Apr. 7th) – closed.
- Easter Monday (Apr. 10th) – OPEN.
- Victoria Day (May 22nd) – closed.
- Canada Day (July 1st) – closed.
- Civic Holiday (Aug. 7th) – closed.
- Labour Day (Sept. 4th) – closed.
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (Sept. 30th) / OPEN.
- Thanksgiving Day (Oct. 9th) – closed.
- Remembrance Day (Nov. 11th) – OPEN.
- Christmas Eve (Dec. 24th) – closed.
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25th) – closed.
- Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) – closed.
- New Years’ Eve (Dec. 31st) – closed.
- New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2024) – closed.
- Municipal Hazardous & Special Waste (MHSW)
- Scrap Metal
- Yard Waste
* There will be a cost associated with some materials.
Windsor / Essex County residents can drop off the following electronic devices free of charge:
- Computers (Desktops, laptops, tablets)
- Printers (desktop and floor-standing)
- Printer cartridges
- Video gaming devices
- Telephones, including cellular phones
- Display devices (TV’s, LCD and CRT monitors)
- Radios and stereos, including after-market vehicle stereos
- Cameras, including security cameras
- Video recorders
- Drones with audio or visual recording equipment
- Peripherals and cables used to support the function of information technology, telecommunications and audio visual equipment, including charging equipment
- Parts of information technology, telecommunications and audio visual equipment sold separately, such as hard drives
- Handheld point-of-sale terminals or devices
- Electronic musical instruments
- Audio recording equipment
List of Unaccepted Electronic Items as per RPRA* 2021
* Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority
- ITT/AV Equipment weighing more than 250 kg
- Small and large appliances
- Power tools
- Electric vehicles (scooters, e-bikes)
- Children’s toys
- Textiles, clothing, furniture or any other upholstered or stuffed articles containing electronic components
Tipping fee schedule for tires is below:
- Tires (Car, SUV & Light Pick-up Truck – FREE (10 per vehicle, per day)
- 10 tires (car, SUV, & Light Pick-up Truck) per vehicle, per day are FREE.
- Both tires with AND without rims are currently accepted.
- Air has to be removed from tire – if possible; however, mandatory air removal for a split rim.
- For loose tires without rims, tubes need to be removed and disposed of as garbage
Excluded are bicycle tire and airplane tires.
- Biomedical Waste
- Unidentified Waste
- Radioactive Waste